For a Quicker Sale, Make Sure Your Home is Exciting!
We don’t get a second chance to make a good first impression. Most buyers look for homes that are well cared for and bright. In general, clean and spiffy.
CHECKLIST FOR FASTER SALES
• Lawn and yard - remove clutter, cut grass, edge walks, trim hedges, weed gardens.
• Front of house - paint, fix, or wash: railings, steps, storms, screens, and/or front door.
• Other exterior - side or back door, gutters, wash windows.
• Garage - straighten up, paint, fix, or wash doors and windows.
• Plumbing - repair dripping faucets, leaky toilets.
• Heating/Cooling - clean exterior of unit.
• Lights - replace all burnt out bulbs, faulty switches.
• Halls and stairs - remove any clutter to give wide appearance.
• Hardware - oil hinges, tighten door knobs, faucets.
• General Condition - dust, wash, paint, and fix defects as needed.
• Consider Feeling of Spaciousness - store unneeded items to “enlarge” the room size.
- 50% Rule - put one half of your “STUFF” away!
THESE ITEMS ARE SUPER CRITICAL
• Stove, refrigerator, and sink should be spotless, all work areas clear.
• Bathrooms - neat, spotless, and fresh. Repair broken putty around tub.
• Closets - untidy or overly cluttered closets suggest inadequate storage space.
HOW TO HELP OUR SALES AGENTS
• Children, pets, and adults can keep buyers from feeling at ease while they look through a home. For showings, please be out of the house when possible.
• Tell us which rooms benefit from sunshine or cooling breezes.
• Tell us what you like about the house, the yard, and the location. We’d like the husband’s and the wife’s feelings separately.
• Turn on all lights, or let us turn them on, for the entire showing.
• Open drapes in the daytime, close them at night.
• Strong cooking or smoking odors can ruin a sale. Make sure your home is fresh for showings.