Northeast Park Hill
Search available homes in Northeast Park Hill
Park Hill was initially platted in 1887 by Baron Eugene von Winkler of Prussia. At that time, the neighborhood was a 32-block tract bordered by Colorado Boulevard, Dahlia Street, Montview Boulevard, and 26th Avenue. There was an addition to the development in 1867 that extended it to Colfax Avenue.
Development of Park Hill really took off in the early 1900s, especially in the 20s and 30s, with varied housing styles, including Tudor, Queen Anne, Bungalows, and Denver Squares. After World War II, the northern portion of the neighborhood was developed, especially with housing to support the workforce of nearby Stapleton Airport.
Many people have been attracted to Park Hill because of its proximity to downtown and features such as, the Denver Zoo and Museum of Nature and Science. The neighborhood’s cultural and economic diversity is also a quality of which the neighborhood is proud and for which it is known.
Adapted from: Park Hill Neighborhood Plan. City and County of Denver.