NEW HOME CHECKLIST
- Update address with the post office
- Ensure all old utilities are canceled and new utilities are in your name (includes water, gas, electric, garbage, and sewer)
- Cancel old and set up new internet - take advantage of the new address to capitalize on potential promotional prices for new accounts
- Contact DMV to ensure they have your new address (changing counties will require additional updates) - ask also if this automatically updates your voter registration information.
- Review your bank statements - ensure all previous bill-by-mail accounts are updated to reflect your new address
- Update your address with everywhere you give charitably; this will save them money on returned mail.
- Change the exterior locks and make duplicate keys.
- Check to ensure smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are working.
- Ensure gutters are cleaned out and rain spouts are properly directed.
- Clean out cupboards and cabinets before filling them with your belongings.
- Vacuum rooms or consider getting carpets professionally cleaned before furniture is in place.
- Get all air ducts cleaned and hardwood floors refinished, if necessary.
- Review your inspection report for any updates or repairs that were recommended.
- Check with Auto and Home Owner Insurance provider to see if there are changes in policy amount. Different counties have different amounts due.
NEW TO DENVER?
THIS LIST OF OUR PREFERRED RESOURCES CAN HELP YOU GET SETTLED
Roofing & General Construction
Tree Trimming & Related Services
Plumbing & Electric
Utilities - Gas & Electric
Looking for a Rental?
Search for Denver Area Rentals